Accredited programs offer:
- frequent, positive warm interactions among adults and children
- planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development, such as block building, painting, reading stories, dress up, active outdoor play
- specially trained teachers
- enough adults to respond to individual children
- many varied age appropriate toys and materials
- a healthy safe environment
- nutritious meals and snacks
- regular communication with parents
- effective administration
- ongoing, systematic evaluation
Our Program is contracted through the Child Nutrition Program (CACFP) for the State of Ohio. We provide well balanced, nutritional meals including breakfast, lunch, after noon snack and evening snack for no additional cost to families. Weekly menus are posted in our buildings and rooms for parents to review. Any food restrictions or allergy supplements can be discussed at the time of enrollment and may be brought from home.
Classroom Ratios are:
- 1 adult for every 5 infants
- 1 adult for every 12 preschool
- 1 adult for every 7 toddlers
- 1 adult for every 14 prek
Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s voluntary quality rating system for ODJFS licensed child care programs. Step Up To Quality recognizes early care and education programs that exceed quality benchmarks over and above Ohio’s licensing standards. Supports and awards are available to assist programs in achieving and maintaining a Star Rating.
4C for Children – the pioneering leader, advocate and resource for high-quality early education and care in Southwest Ohio, the Miami Valley and Northern Kentucky.
HCJFS provides services such as Medicaid, food assistance (food stamps) and temporary cash assistance, subsidized child care, child protection, child support case management, adult protection and disability assistance