Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten
(3 to 4 years old)
We’re BIG Boys and Girls now
Next Generations preschool program offers two classrooms. Preschool 1 for children 3 years old and Prekindergarten for children ages 4-5 years old. Our programs use the classroom as an extension of learning and follow Creative Curriculum designed and grounded in a constructivist learning model.
Educated teachers use developmentally appropriate practice, assessment and observation to create learning experiences for preschoolers to learn through play and prepare them for Kindergarten. These activities are both child centered and child directed. Different learning centers include blocks, books, dramatic play, science, math, sensory, writing, computers and manipulatives.
- Community enrichment- positive play with class mates, helping and sharing social skills
- Health and wellness- with large motor development, healthy hygiene (hand washing), nutritional awareness (balanced meals)
- Math, science, language (Spanish), writing
- Imagination creation thru experiences with appropriate, non-toxic art media, and pretend play
- Parent participation with center projects, outings and in house seasonal programs
Children in our Pre-kindergarten class have a Cap and Gown Graduation program for parents and families in early June.
What to Bring
- Two changes of clothes